Bruce Ferguson, LCPC
I accept many insurances as payment for therapy services. Below is the most current list:
• BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) including:
- National Accounts Dedicated Service
Due to the lengthy turnaround times for reimbursement, clients using any form of BlueCross BlueShield are required to pay a typical copay fee of $20 per session until a reimbursement check and invoice are received.
• Maryland Medicaid or Medical Assistance, Affordable Care Act Insurance, Valueoptions, Obamacare, PAC (Primary Adult Care), & Greyzone (Uninsured coverage) including:
- Amerigroup Community Care
- Diamond Plan
- Jai Medical
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Medstar Family Choice
- Priority Partners
I have helped many clients with no insurance get Maryland Medical Assistance, PAC and Greyzone coverage. I would be happy to try to help you.
• Valueoptions Military
• Valueoptions, City of Baltimore employees
• Out-of-Network PPOs
- Aetna PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Compsyche PPO
- United Healthcare
• Out-of-Pocket: $120 per session
• Skype sessions: $120 per
• Clinical supervision: $75 per session
Every insurance plan is different.
I will work with you and your insurance to expedite services as smoothly as possible. Occassionally, you will have to contact them to resolve authorizations, unpaid claims or out-of-network payments.
For copays, out-of-network or
out-of-pocket clients, I accept cash, checks and most major credit cards.
With Couple and Family Therapy sessions and also Sex Addiction sessions, I don't take insurance. Couple/family sessions are charged like out-of-pocket sessions at $120. These sessions require special training and expertise that I have but unfortunately insurance companies think aren't valuable. They reimburse the same amount for an individual session as they do for a couple or family session. Doing therapy with 2 or more people takes double the effort and skill as doing therapy with 1 person. Sex Addiction is an area of expertise I have that involves much specialized training, problem conceptualization, and treatment planning.
If you cancel an appointment less than 24 hours ahead of time or do not show up for a scheduled appointment, this is considered a "same day cancellation/no show." In this case, you are responsible for the full amount of the missed session. Your insurance does not cover this cost. This is not personal, it is a standard business policy in private practice therapy.
• I DO NOT SEE CLIENTS ON A SLIDING SCALE
• I DO NOT TAKE MEDICARE
• I DO NOT SEE CLIENTS ON DISABILITY INSURANCE
• I DO NOT SEE CLIENTS WITH ANY VIOLENT CHARGES
* I DO NOT SEE CLIENTS WITH ANY ANIMAL CRUELTY CHARGES